Subject: [Leica] Leica bokeh test or trial
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:16:30 +0100

Mike Johnston wrote

It's really gotten to a ludicrous level when we start arguing about bokeh in
words and pseudoscience. For heaven's sake, this stuff isn't brain surgery.
Just take a bunch of pictures with blur in them and look at the blur. We
don't have to _quantify_ what's going on; it's enough just to _look_ at it.
It's there to see.

<<<<

You don't _have_ to quantify what's going on, but maybe it would be
_interesting_ to try to do so. I don't think you can argue that it's wrong
to want to do that.

Erwin's approach is just different from yours, so why come down on it so
heavily? BTW, what makes it pseudoscience rather than science? I would have
thought that the urge to measure and understand is pretty scientific.

Rob (who is finding these Pavlovian responses to Erwin tiresome).

Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO
Italy