Subject: Re: [Leica] jupiter 85 f2.0
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:34:07 EST

<< william gower asked about the jupiter 85 2.0 -- >>

Let me add my question about the Jupiter 9. Mine is a 1959 aluminum body
version. The focusing action is quite stiff, and when focused to 1.5m and
closer there is a gap showing between the forward end of the focus ring and
the rear skirt of the aperture ring. The seller said that they are all like
that. My question: is it true they all have this gap at the close focus
range?

The lens functions OK otherwise. I bought it to use on a FED 2 and then
discovered that the FED/lens combination when used together at the minimum
focusing distance, actually missed the plane of focus by about .05m (2
inches). At f2 that is a BIG miss and effectively makes it unusable at close
range.

Replies: Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] jupiter 85 f2.0)