Subject: Re: [Leica] jupiter 85 f2.0
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:31:44 -0500

>william gower asked about the jupiter 85 2.0 --

Mine is a black model from 1978 (sn 780XXXX) which I picked up from a
fellow LUGger for $100.
Great lens for that money. It's sharp, fast and has a pleasing (to my eye)
bokeh.
It balances very well on the M5; though it is a bit heavy in front of the CL.

Oily blades but the focus and aperture are smooth. Something heavy inside
the lens rattles round if it is shaken at all. The rattle seems to have no
effect whatsoever on the image quality (at any angle) but it is slightly
annoying nonetheless just because I know that it is there.

All in all, mainly because of its faster speed, this lens has replaced my
9cm/4 LTM Elmar in this focal length. Anyone want to buy the Elmar?

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube