Subject: Re: Vulcanite: [Leica] Friday FS: Nickel + Dime
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:32:31 -0600

Dante A Stella wrote:
>It was a poor choice of material - but Leitz was not alone.  Konica made
>their
>Model I with Vulcanite and it is a chronic problem on that camera, too.

If they had only thought to make the camera from stone then the only
problem would have been damage from acid rain.

Some of these cameras are 45 years old. I a little older than that and
I'm not quite as pretty as I was 45 years ago! My skin has wrinkled a
bit. Maybe I'll get recovered.

:)
Henry

PS
Send it off and get it fixed nice so it pleases you - isn't that really
what its about?
It would be nice to forget that these cameras are valuable objects and
just enjoy them as great cameras.

Replies: Reply from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: Vulcanite: [Leica] Friday FS: Nickel + Dime)