Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Hexar RF focusing
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:02:28 +0800

on 21/11/00 10:01 AM, Dan Post at dpost@triad.rr.com wrote:

> Have you tried very many transparencies? I am assuming in the affirmative
> since you are involved in Corporate and Industrial Photography, but thought
> I'd ask.
Yes Dan - most of what I shoot is transparencies and I do have pretty
demanding clients. In any case I ought to point out that I do not use the
Hexanon 50 much since I have three Leica 50s.
I find the Hexar gets in the way of my photography less than the rather
basic Ms: I like motors and do not take any particular delight in removing
baseplates and manually rewinding films when my subjects are waiting to be
shot. I also like the M Leicas but find them less fluid in intense use.
My Rs jam a lot when I am rushed too. My favourite cameras right now are the
Hexar RF and the Xpan: the latter has a startlingly great set of lenses,
though slow. My dream would be an M mount Xpan: I suspect we might have had
one if Solms had been a little more adventurous and awake to the
possibilities.

My favourite lenses remain, alas, Leica's. Why 'alas'? Because they do not
have the cameras to match...

Donning asbestos suit etc...

Bests

Adrian