Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Re: 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:23:04 -0700

On 22 Nov 2000, Dan Honemann wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> For tight candid shots, however, having the entire ground glass
> screen to focus on would be easier than having to recompose.

I'll just end my comments on this by allowing that whatever
works best for you is the thing that you should use.

I have no trouble focusing the 90 Elmarit M on my M6. While it is
true that the ground glass screen doesn't require recomposing,
in practice, I find that my attention is on the spot on the ground
glass that I'm focusing on, and that I must then redirect my
attention to the entire ground glass to compose. A separate
operation just as the redirection of attention is after focusing the
M. Takes about the same time for me in the final analysis.

Nice that we have the choice of body types, and that we're not
compromising optically with either.