Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about Voightlander Skopar 25
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:14:55 -0600

This is correct.  However, for your convenience, the focus ring has
detents at 3 meters (at which point the lens is in focus from 1.5 meters
to infinity at f/8), 1.5 meters (0.8 meters to infinity at f/16) and 1
meter (0.6 meters to 3 meters at f/16.)  Even focused at infinity, the
lens is in focus from 3 meters to infinity at f/8, and from 6 meters to
infinity at f/4 (wide open.)  The lens has a small tab on the focusing
ring that lets you set focus with one finger.  Coupled with the detents,
it allows reasonably quick and accurate focusing even without looking at
the scales.

My results from this lens have been lovely.

Cheers,
Kip