Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:C41 DIY-More
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:46:12 -0800

Bill Lawlor wrote:
> Henry,  I did C-41 with a Unicolor Kit some years ago. I tried it
> because my negs from the commercial lab seemed to lack contrast. I
> extended dev times and got increased contrast. About that time I
> decided to try another lens. Prints came alive and I discovered the
> used Componon I just got had serious fungus. After that I saw no need
> to process my own C-41 when a couple of local pro labs would do it
> for three or four dollars.

There was a phase in my life when I was shooting Ilford XP-2 almost
exclusively, then sending the film to various labs for processing.

What I've noticed that processing is not at all consistent, and I am much
more likely to get scratches, fingerprints and what-not from so-called "pro"
labs than from my own bathroom.

Since then, I've gone back to Ilford Delta 100 and XTOL.

Message from "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re:C41 DIY-More)