Subject: [Leica] Re:C41 DIY
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:57:16 -0800

A good bit of the info I've found has been negative. But I'm beginning to
think its mostly from folks who have never really done it - just
rehashing what someone else told them - about how hard it is to control
the process and get reliable results.

Anyway, more soon.

Henry

Henry,  I did C-41 with a Unicolor Kit some years ago. I tried it
because my negs from the commercial lab seemed to lack contrast. I
extended dev times and got increased contrast. About that time I
decided to try another lens. Prints came alive and I discovered the
used Componon I just got had serious fungus. After that I saw no need
to process my own C-41 when a couple of local pro labs would do it
for three or four dollars.

Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re:C41 DIY-More)