Subject: [Leica] OT: Hexar RF focusing
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 07:56:28 -0500

I know this has been discussed but I got on this "train" a bit late.

Anyway I bought my Hexar and really love it's features.  Was bothered by the
comments about possible rangefinder inaccuracies.  This drove me to test it
against my M6.

Just comparing rangefinder readings and image separation my Hexar is off:
It doesn't register infinity when it should and focuses short of where the
M6 does ( I think this is what other people have said?).

Well I can probably live with that but then I did a test actually taking
pictures and I selected a 90/2.8 @2.8 and my 50/1 @1 as the two most
gruelling tests of shorter distances.  Again both lenses on the Hexar seem
to Focus short of the M6 and it does make a difference when shooting wide
open under the loupe. Taking the same lens putting it on the M6,
re-focussing and then taking that lens with the new reading and shooting the
Hexar the images are sharp.

Now to my question - can this be corrected with a rangefinder adjustment or
is this a problem In the hexar mount that no adjusting will ever fix.  If it
can be adjusted who can do this work given that I purchased the Hexar in US
and there is the dicey problem of not using Konica lenses and therefore
would Konica of USA even get involved?  Any help would be appreciated.

On a positive note my tesing revealed that every instance of rangefinder
patch flare on the M6 was gone when I used the Hexar!

Thanks ernie nitka

Replies: Reply from Mikiro <arbos@mac.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Hexar RF focusing)