Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Thieves
From: "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:20:18 -0700

Douglas Cooper observes:

> I've been told that the professional thieves who prey on tourists know
very
> well what a Leica M looks like, and what it's worth.  It doesn't take much
> specialized knowledge to recognize a red dot.  One good reason to tape
your
> M6 if you're abroad.

Douglas, I'm not sure where "abroad" is for you because I don't know where
you live. But thievery is a world-wide phenomenon.

Maybe better to recommend taping your camera's red-dot when you're in a
high-crime area, on whatever continent.

- -- Paul Arnold

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica and Thieves)