Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Thieves
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 13:21:03 -0500

At 12:01 AM 11/17/00 -0800, you wrote:

>When in reality no one but another photographer would know a Leica was
>expensive, but the lay public in 99% of the cases have no idea and like you
>say, ""My, what a charming old camera!"  is how they see it.

I've been told that the professional thieves who prey on tourists know very
well what a Leica M looks like, and what it's worth.  It doesn't take much
specialized knowledge to recognize a red dot.  One good reason to tape your
M6 if you're abroad.

DC

Replies: Reply from "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica and Thieves)
Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica and Thieves)