Subject: [Leica] screw-on lens cap
From: "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:24:04 -0700

This is a footnote to the filter vs. lens cap discussion. For those who opt
for no filter, there is then the risk of the lens cap coming off in the bag,
thus leaving the lens unprotected.

About a year ago I bought a metal, screw-on lens cap from Central Camera,
Wabash Avenue, in Chicago. The metal appears to be aluminum, and it is
black. I bought it because the Leica lens cap that came with my 50 Summicron
(integral shade model) kept coming off, not nearly as secure as its Nikon
equivalents on the lenses I'd peddled to buy the M-6.

The Central Camera lens cap cost about $10 and is very unlikely to come off
accidentally. It is not made specifically for Leicas, just order the 39 mm
size.

- -- Paul