Subject: Re: [Leica] ball heads
From: David Binder <dbinder@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:24:06 -0500

RRS prefer the Linhoff Profi II over the Arca B1 with lightweight carbon
Gitzo tripods (1227 & 1228). I followed their advice and find the Profi
II to be very good- great knobs, smooth, but still overkill for the
Leica M. That camera is just not heavy enough to be able to make much
use of the friction control on the ballhead. The RRS quick release plate
for the M is *very* nicely made.

- -David Binder