Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: External synch for Leica A (or G)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:51:38 -0500

At 06:17 PM 11/16/2000 -0400, Ken Wilcox wrote:
>They are available and inexpensive. The most common consists of a sync
>plugged shoe that slides into the cmaera's shoe. It has a switch on the
>side, The other piece is a cam that fits over the shutter speed dial. When
>the dial spins, the cam contacts the switch, firing the flash.

This would be the Geiss Kontakt.  I have and have used the IIIc Kontakt on
my IIIc for a decade and without fail.  Works flawlessly -- I've not yet
kept a single IIIf I have owned, and that has been many!  I believe you
would need a Giess Kontakt III, though, as the shutter speed dial on the
IIIA is smaller, I recall, than on the IIIb and later cameras.  But, then,
what do I know?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!