Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UV filter for Noctilux
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:13:02 -0500

At 09:11 AM 11/16/00 -0500, you wrote:

>All that stuff aside.  I have used this lens wide open with a B+W UV (no
>filter factor, clear glass) and if there is any image degredation, I sure
>can't see it.  I also shoot with an 8x10 camera so my sharpness standards
>are really high.  Get the UV.  Use the UV.  Keep your money in your pocket
>if you ever sell it.  coating marks only hurt the seller, not the image
>quality.
>
>Curt

Curt -

Are you buying the lens to resell it or to use it?  I buy my lenses to use
them.  You admit that the cleaning marks on your lens result in no
degradation to the image.  Leica lens surfaces are tough and can take a lot
more abuse than you can imagine.  I just can't imagine putting a piece of
glass in front of the lens that I paid megabucks for because of the lens
quality and the light gathering ability.  You might as well shoot all of
your photos through a window.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com