Subject: [Leica] "CAMERA HERE BEWARE"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:23:50 -0800

Paul Arnold wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Based on my experience I respectfully disagree as to the invisibility of the
> tripod. For my (prospective) subjects the tripod has screamed CAMERA HERE --
> BEWARE.
>
> But perhaps my experience is unique among more experienced shooters.
>
> -- Paul

Some people respectfully move out of the way, they think you're shooting the wall.
Others strike poses for you if they're feeling playful. Just to get in the way
for a second. (Click)
Others stare blankly into the camera. You are invisible.  (Click)
still others completely ignore you as you are obviously working, you have
something you have to so, so do they. They walk by. (Click)
But surreptitious Camerawork always pricks up the ears and eyes, and the
whiskers twitch. You are the Tiger in the high grass.
Not quite blending in.
All the antelope are aware of NOTHING BUT YOU.

"CAMERA HERE BEWARE" is then what all the animals in the forest THEN seem to say!!
"WHAT IS THIS GUY TRYING TO PULL" is what the word is out. "SNEAKING AROUND WITH
THIS LITTLE EXPENSIVE GERMAN CAMERA!!!?"
That's my experience. Street photographers fool no one. I feel like I'm just as
well off with a tripod. Set it up and wait till stuff happens.
Set up a blind.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/