Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Kodachrome 200 discontinued
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:39:21 -0800

At 06:15 PM 11/14/00 -0700, Roger Beamon wrote:

>Ok, but my reasoning still holds. Nationally known pros or
>whatever, still use a small amount of Kodachrome compared to
>the masses buying the E6 stuff. Sure they use a great amount
>of film, but it still pales in comparison to Aunt Matilda times
>zillions, doing the kids during the holidays.
>
>Besides, when did the wishes of the working pros have much
>sway with Rochester for the last 15 years or so? Bottom line,
>man, that's the name of the game!
>
>Roger, List-Owner

Keeble & Shuchat, one of the largest pro photo supplier on the west coast,
sells cases and cases of E6 to every roll of Kodachrome. Pros buy E6. It
comes in every flavor from saturated to dull, pushes easily, processed in
two hours, can be projected for long periods without damage, and comes in
all sizes. Kodachrome's flavor is Kodachrome, takes one day to many days to
get processed, doesn't push well, is not suitable for projection use, and
comes in one size. E6 is the staple, Kodachrome is now the cult.

Kodachrome is nice if you like vanilla. E6 is nice if you like tutti frutti.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Kodachrome 200 discontinued)