Subject: Re: [Leica] the 35mm Summilux ASPH trumps all
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:19:24 EST

In a message dated 11/14/00 8:11:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dstate1@hotmail.com writes:

<< This brings up the Noctilux mentioned below.  For the very reason that one
 would not accept the results of super speed film, you WOULD want a Noctilux.
   A Noctilux at f1.0 on Tri-X is a Summicron on Tmax3200 (which is really a
 1600 asa film)

 I'll take the Noct, the better film, and the easier processing and printing
 any day. >>

If I understand his report correctly, these are Erwin's conclusions as well.
I find them convincing, particularly since trying the Noctilux.  Not to be
believed, or adequately described, for that matter.  Of course, Erwin implies
one should use a tripod... (:

Joe Sobel