Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/3.5 vs 35-70/3.5
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:35:31 -0500

SML jotted down the following:

> Then how come some people kept insisting that the German version designed in
> Japan but manufactured in Germany is better in performance than the Japanese
> version which was designed and manufactured in Japan?

Surely for the same reason that people think that German-made optics are
better than Canadian-made ones.  Allow me to quote from Mike's Canonical
Presumptions:

      6. Everything made in Germany is superior to anything made
         anywhere else.

See the whole thing at:

  http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v18/msg07355.html

Ya gotta *love* that archive.

(Well, OK, you don't actually *have* to love it, but it's considered good
form to find it very useful.)

(This message is dedicated to Jim Brick, who supplied the ammunition I am
currently shooting myself in the foot with. ;)

M. (hmm, where'd my medication go?)

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | "University diplomas, like today!"
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |            -- eMail spam subject line

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/3.5 vs 35-70/3.5)