Subject: Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions now: Jobo
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 10:50:47 -0800

><Snip>
> All I can say is that I love my Jobo!  I use it only for processing B&W film,
> and it does a great job with less work on my part.  I don't have to stand
> around staring at a timer.  Instead I can do other fun things like laundry-
> my darkroom is next to our washer and dryer.  If you are worried that you
> will not get the same results with constant agitation as you do now, (edge
> effects etc) I would suggest running some tests.  If you like, I would be
> happy to run some for you.  Let me know off list.  I think you will be
> pleasantly surprised.  I have not done any real serious tests between the 2
> methods, but my film now is more consistent and evenly developed than ever,
> and just plain looks good.  If there are differences, they must be very small.
>
> Regards,
> Richard Wasserman

I think Bill Pierce told me a day or two ago he does his sheet film with the
motor (you should tell them this is what you've been up to Richard!) but his
Jobo roll film he does by agitating once EVERY OTHER MINUTE.
A very inspiring suggestion. Wasn't it you that as into the stand development
last week?
Every other minute and even less the second half of the developing time does
appeal to my delicate compensatory sensibilities!

mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

Sheet film i could do continuous. But it would take a while before doing roll
film that way.
"I'd prefer a new addition to the Spanish Inquisition....:)"

How many LHSA member brought fiber prints to the meeting at Boston?
Richard! that's how many!
A pleasure to see such excellent work so brilliantly executed.
Half was 35mm half was 4x5!  11x14s! the perfect size!