Subject: [Leica] Film and developing questions now: Jobo
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:23:55 EST

In a message dated 11/12/2000 2:03:10 AM, mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< The ugly specter of Jobo beckons. The sound of it "Jobo" is starting to not
sound so Satinistic to me.
There are hidden advantages to the system. C41 and E6 for the masses. Prints
even!
So i continue to check it out and want to give it a try.
But continuous agitation like we have discussed I have a hard time getting
past.  >>

Mark,

All I can say is that I love my Jobo!  I use it only for processing B&W film,
and it does a great job with less work on my part.  I don't have to stand
around staring at a timer.  Instead I can do other fun things like laundry-
my darkroom is next to our washer and dryer.  If you are worried that you
will not get the same results with constant agitation as you do now, (edge
effects etc) I would suggest running some tests.  If you like, I would be
happy to run some for you.  Let me know off list.  I think you will be
pleasantly surprised.  I have not done any real serious tests between the 2
methods, but my film now is more consistent and evenly developed than ever,
and just plain looks good.  If there are differences, they must be very small.

Regards,
Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions now: Jobo)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions now: Jobo)