Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux-M 50mm f/1
From: Rick Floyd <rick-floyd@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 10:37:55 -0500

> Should I buy the Noctilux-M
> 50mm f/1 only as my standard lens or both Noctilux-M 50mm f/1 and
> Summicron-M 50mm f/2?<<<<<<<<<<<<

Terry:

I actually ended up buying both.  I use the 50 Summicron when I am "out and
about".  It is my "point and shoot" combination.  I use the Noctilux as a
specialty lens when I absolutely, positively need the speed.  In that
regard, the results are incredible.  I think the Noctilux is too big and
heavy to be my standard lens in all circumstances.

Technically speaking, I would rate my 35 Summicron ASPH as my "best" lens,
then the 50 Summicron and Noctilux.  But I rarely think about that when
choosing which lens to use.  If I need it wider, it's the 35.  If I want it
simple and light, it's the 50 Summicron.  If it's dimmer/darker that's an
easy one.  Soon I'll include the 90 Summicron APO ASPH for when I need it
longer (so to speak :-) ).  I use the 50 Summicron almost 85% of the time.

Rick