Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:33:53 -0800

You got it Wilber, how else would you describe a car in showroom condition
with a dent?

I would describe it "in showroom condition save for a dent". Which means
that aside of the dent, the rest of the car's appearance is  showroom.
If a mint camera is dropped and has a dent, would you not call it a camera
with a dent that would otherwise be mint? Obviously it is no longer *mint*
but how else would you describe its condition?

I agree that many eBay auctions are overly optimistically rated. But it is a
challenge to describe an item accurately and fairly without underrating it
or risking the appearance of fraud .
In the case of this auction - provided that all faults have been listed -  I
feel that the seller has done more than an adequate job of giving a
potential bidder and idea of what to expect. I would expect a camera with
two dents but no other surface blemishes. To me that is what mint with two
dents means.

Joe Codispoti

From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>

> That's like saying this car is in show room condition- "Except for the
Dent

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260)
Reply from "Paul Arnold" <osprey@bmt.net> (Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260)
Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260)