Subject: Re: [Leica] Old news
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:43:15 -0800

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Stephen Gandy wrote:
> >
> > Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >
> > > Erin is the spiritual/optical/tech mentor of the lug and he ain't gonna
> > > disappear for long from any meaningful plane!
> >
> > Who the hell is Erin?  I must have missed her posts.
> >
> >  Spiritual ??   I can barely type for laughing.....
> >
> > Is there a Church of Erwin Puts?
> >
> > Stephen Gandy
>
> Oops forgot the W!
> It was obvious is was kidding or at least being light hearted.
> Is it me or is this shockingly mean spirited crap?
>
> mark rabiner

nonsense Mark.  In the immortal words of Al Gore, "there is no reason to get
snippy."

you take it upon yourself to to make ridiculous assertions,  and then you get
upset about being called for it.   If you are such a great fan of Erwin,
wonderful.  But when you start making claims for the LUG instead of for
yourself, it's bit much.  a lot of people disagree with a lot of Erwin's posts,
which pretty much precludes him from being the "optical/tech" mentor of the LUG
as far as I am concerned, except for maybe his fans.

I would have let your post go without responding, but when you go delusional
claiming his "spiritual" leadership too, it's just too much to tolerate.
Erwin has never made any claims of "spiritual" content on the LUG,  God knows
how you came up with that idea.   I don't know how many LUGers consider Erwin
their  "spiritual mentor,"   but I would bet there are damn few.   It was the
funniest post of yours  I've ever read, even if you didn't mean it to be
funny.  I laughed about it all day.

if you are serious about Erwin's spiritual leadership, I'm glad you found a
leader. If you want to proclaim what a great guy you think he is, you won't
hear a peep from me about it.   But when you claim that Erwin is some kind of
"spiritual mentor" for the LUG, it's totally absurd.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Old news)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Old news)
Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] Old news)