Subject: [Leica] A previsualisation aid
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:59:56 -0700

I read about a helpful aid to visualisation the other day and, unlike most
things you read about, it works and is very useful. Take a cut out mount the
size of your film format ‹35mm and medium format use a slide mount, for LF,
you would have to make one‹and hold it the the focal length distance away
from your eye. Bingo, you see what is going to be in the frame. You can also
get a rough idea of the amount of shifting you may have to do but, of
course, it is no help with the tilts :-). With 35mm it gets a little hard to
measure and hold things accurately enough to differentiate between 21mm and
24mm but it works very well for the longer lenses and larger formats.

Cheers

John Collier

Sorry to interrupt the "he said, she said". Please continue as you were.

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: A previsualisation aid)