Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260
From: craig egerer <sjegerer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 06:41:55 -0500

Mark,

 Thank you for your  response.. It was posted as HUMOR ....  I have
enjoyed the LUG for 2 years.... Maybe seeing the picture of the dents
would help it be more of a joke ..... .

Best Regards,

Craig

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:23:44 -0800
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>

craig egerer wrote:

> Just thought some might enjoy this ebay ad , (MINT condition except
for
> two dents!!!!) I am glad to see it does not say  they are LHSA
> members....
> Description is below....................
><Snip>

Craig! we've never heard of you I'm sure you are a nice guy but here's
the scoop
on that stuff:

"Please do not use the LUG to publicize activities at public commerce
sites such
as eBay. We all know how to look there if we are interested, and if we
are not
interested, we don't want to read about it here. If you are a shopkeeper
or a
manufacturer and you believe that your wares are of value to the LUG
members,
you may from time to time remind us of the existence of your business.
Brian Reid"

who is the list administrator

mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> (Re: [Leica] Ebay Bargain Item #494433260)