Subject: Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions:
From: "William Pierce" <bicpi@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:09:07 -0500

Mark -

I also was the first in my neighborhood to roll, not shake, my tanks.
Actually, it is one of the ways sensitomitrists, who need very uniform
development, process film.  No streaks around the perforations, etc, etc.

Like you, for years I faced the gods of leakage armed only with a simple
roll of tape.  And then, one day, it hit me.  Buy a Jobo tank.  Since they
are made to go on a rotary processor, they don't leak when you lay them down
on their sides and roll them.  They are modular and, in theory, you can
build them to any length or capacity you want.  I only use them with
stainless reels.  They do not make center rod for those reels that will
handle more than 8 reels, 4 rolls if you are an intermittent roller.

Bill Pierce

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions:)