Subject: [Leica] Film and developing questions:
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:03:53 -0400

Hi Lugers

Two questions regarding film:

I'm away from home right now - and burned through my stash of Tri-X quicker
than I imagined. Rather than push the remainder of my PX125, I managed to
pick up a half dozen rolls of APX400. Quite a score, considering I'm in S.E
China right now and Kodak Gold seems to be the most prevalent film
available. The APX400 should hold me until I hit Japan next week.

Q1: Has anyone done APX400 in D-76 1:1 ? Could you compare the results to
the various dilutions of XTOL ?

(When I get home in a few weeks, I'm going to be confronted with processing
24 or more rolls of B+W with a 2 roll S.S tank. I'm thinking a 4 roll tank
would be a better bet and a good investment anyway, as I plan on getting a
MF camera next year.)

Q2: Where can I find the secret decoder key for DX films ? Prior to my
departure I picked up a 35mm f2.8 Olympus p+s (a poor mans GR1s) and I can't
manually override the automatic DX coding. I'd like to be able to push one
or two stops when it's warranted.

Incidentally, I ripped off a roll of XP2 just to test out the Olympus and
the results are quite surprising. It's a sweetheart of a camera - but you'd
go blind if you used it regularly. The viewfinder is like looking through a
fishbowl. But for 140 CDN bucks, it's a gem.

Thanks and kind regards

William