Subject: [Leica] Re: Earth, Saturn, Marc, Jupiter
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:43:33 -0500

Clearly, a Dhuglaise, you've not sampled the SPS Jupiters. They blow most
of the Canon and Leica LTM lenses into the weeds. And they are cheap.
Marc

I intend to.  I've hefted a couple.  Now if only I could be sure that I'd
get one in which the lens elements didn't all come tumbling out of the
front like broken teeth...

Okay, okay.  So QC isn't that bad.  I did buy one of those wonderful
variable finders (and they are wonderful); but I had to strip the thing
down three times before I got the window level.  At which point it was
truly useful.  (And I could now assemble one in my sleep.)

If I don't find that elusive Canon 35/2, it's a Jupiter for me.

DC