Subject: [Leica] Leica AF SLR
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:08:36 -0500

Luggers,
    In a recent post, Mark Rabiner asked "If Leica came out with a separate
high tech AF SLR system how many existing R8-users would desert their
systems like rats on a sinking ship?" Mark continues "My guess 65 percent +
would hold on and keep using their existing systems. Love that groundglass
and what I do with it!"
    Well, my answer is no one will desert. One of the many problems Leica AG
has with auto-focus is maintaining compatibility with older lenses. They do
not, repeat, not want to alienate current customers, the way Contax just
did.
Happy Snapping,
Sal

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica AF SLR)