Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing Hexar RF with Leica lenses
From: "Tony Woo" <tonywoo@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:23:03 +0800

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Smith" <patricksmith@wanadoo.fr>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 8:01 PM
Subject: [Leica] Focusing Hexar RF with Leica lenses

I bought the camera yesterday and did some testing : I used a 35 mm
Summilux, a 50 mm Summilux and the 90 mm AA. The focus is off (the
rangefinder focuses nearer than the real plane of focus) by about 5%,
meaning that if one focuses on some object 2 meters away, the Leica lens on
the Hexar will focus 10 cm shorter than when it should.

Hi PATRICK,

MY HEXAR DOES THE SAME WITH ITS OWN 50/2 M-HEXANON LENS, NOT JUST WITH LEICA M
LENSES.  SEVERAL OTHER HEXAR SAMPLES I SAW AT CAMERA SHOPS IN HONG KONG AND
VANCOUVER HAD THE SAME "PROBLEM" (BY SIMPLY CHECKING INFINITY).  SO I SUSPECT
ALL HEXARS ARE OFF IN THAT MANNER,  BY DESIGN !!?

TONY