Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm Building a Darkroom
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:49:34 -0800

>Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 19:32:39 -0800
>From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
>Subject: [Leica] I'm Building a Darkroom

>Now I need additional advice:  what's a good, relatively compact enlarger
>and lens? Must be good for 35mm, optionally 6x7 negs. Color is optional.

John,

I've been using Saunders LPL 670 VCEE (variable contrast head, up to 6x7cm) for
several years now and it is really good and relatively cheap (little under $800
USD new). It doesn't seem to have any alignment problems. With a 50mm lens you
can print up to 16"x20" on the baseboard from 35mm negative. For lenses I use
Schneider Componon-S' (50 and 80mm). Works great for me.

Jiri