Subject: [Leica] R6.2 vs R8
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:41:38 -0500

I'm in the process of getting rid of my Canon FD equipment (I can make a
list if anyone wants to buy something) and am planning on getting some R
equipment as my "personal" SLR system.  I will still have my other digital &
AF based system and M kit for day to day work stuff...

I've looked through the PDF files from Leica, but still have a few wonder
ifs related to these two cameras  R6.2 vs R8...   While I plan to look and
handle these before buying... I'd like to get a head start on the process
and some imput from the LUG/LEG.  If these seem trivial, remember, I've
already looked at the Leica's PDF spec sheets.....

1)  What is the difference between the shutter release pressure to fire the
two cameras?

2)  And can you handhold one better at slower speeds over the other?

3)  Is there much difference between the brightness of the screens in these
two and (or the R-7) and are the accessory plain glass screens brighter and
easier to focus than the standard ones...
    I plan to use it mostly with the 80-200 f/4 and 60 macro.

4)  How does the manual metering display work in them..... a + - system.....
similar to the M-6 or a system akin to EOS and Nikon AF cameras with several
lines marking the amount of variation from plus or minus 2 or 3 stops etc.

5)  I'm most attracted to the R6.2 for size, weight, reliability and
simplicity while still having TTL flash as well.    But.... I see some
things about the R-8 that are nice too..

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador