Subject: Re: [Leica] URL won't load
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2000 05:25:29 -0800

Mike,

Thank you for your kind words.  The hawk was about at eye level, and the background was fog (after all, it's the San Francisco area).  The topography of the northern Bay Area funnels southbound migrating hawks to a point in the Marin County headlands just before they cross the Golden Gate.  At this point is a hill (an old Nike missile site) where many of the hawks fly past at eye level, or even below.  Great fun watching them.

Doug Herr
Sacramento