Subject: [Leica] BONK! Ow!
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 07:06:16 -0600

> To me this assertion "get with the group" means shoot with a Leica.
> Then complain when every little thing goes wrong with it.
> How you got better shots with your old trusty EOS.
> Seems like half the people here LOVE to complain about their Leica stuff as
> much
> as use it.

Mark,
Since you brought it up, who's who? I certainly never worried about putting
a damned filter on the lens if I wanted to or which idiotic prissy slow film
gave me the most theoretical detail. THAT'S the BS hereabouts. That sort of
preoccupation comes from not knowing how photographs work and not
comprehending the existence of any photographic culture beyond the bounds of
a narcissistic obsession with one camera brand.

It's like you guys are marooned on an island and you band together and throw
coconuts at anyone who suggests the world doesn't end at the beach.

- --Mike

P.S. I presumed you would fall into category 2., those who believe the
Canonical Presumptions of Leicology are actual gospel. <g>

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] BONK! Ow!)