Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: San Jose Photo Fair
From: "Peter Choy" <pmcchoy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 19:24:40 -0800

It's only the second time I have been to the SJ fair.  But it strikes
me from this limited experience -- and veteran swap maven Jerry Haussler
seems to agree -- that when you have a two day event, all the serious
wheeling and dealing takes place within the first couple of hours on
Saturday morning. That's when the trophy items and esoterica briefly
emerge and change hands.  As a result, some of the dealers are pretty well
done and pack up and leave toward the end of the first day.  But there
seemed to be a number of individuals interested in selling items privately.
FWIW.

Peter.

P.S. The most impressive thing about the SJ fair was that the cokes
cost $4.