Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Greg Bicket's focus thread
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 12:40:52 -0500

Dan,

No offense taken.  I'm also skeptical of the information on that page, but
not entirely--I do find that I prefer the older, more contrasty ground glass
screens than the bright ones used in modern AF cameras--when it comes to
manually focusing.  I LOVE the R8 focusing screen: nice and bright, but
plenty of contrast, so the image _pops_ into focus and there's no mistaking
it.

In any event, I'm about to buy an EOS system, so I'll see for myself just
how well it works.  Like Ted, I'm sure I'll discover that AF can focus a
heck of a lot faster and more reliably than I can on certain subjects.

Cheers,
the other Dan