Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Greg Bicket's focus thread
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:34:43 -0600

Jim is absolutely right, and it is not nonsense.  The autofocus systems are
one, not guideable, two, have an angle of view, and three typically require
some contrast.  If one could guide the autofocus to a specific point in
space, that would be a different story...but the current systems don't work
that way.  There is no way you can tell it to focus halfway down the face
so only the left eye of your subject is in focus.

Umm, if I want the focus point halfway down the face so only on the
left eye is in focus, I guide the autofocus point right over that
left eye, press a button, and it focuses there. It works. Really.

Larry