Subject: [Leica] Enlarger purchased: was: Enlarger advice
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 22:49:48 -0800

Thanks for all the replies and offers that came my way regarding my enlarger
search.

Unfortunately, due to my rush to get to the San Jose Autumn Photo Fair this
morning, I didn't read most of the postings until I returned home with an
enlarger. I will, however, archive the responses in case I eventually
upgrade to the "Leicas of enlargers" some day.

Anyway, there were about 10 enlargers in total to choose from at the fair.
None were the recommended Dursts or Saunders. I ended up taking home an
Omega Super Chromega C for $200. It seems to be in good condition; has the
35mm and 6x6 carriers, power supply and timer. I got three of the original
Rodanon-Omegaron lenses with it. I'm not sure if the color filters are worth
using, but I'll be printing B&W for the indefinite future anyway.

I did manage to acquire one item on Mike's list - a new Schneider Componon-S
50mm f2.8 lens for $100.

John