Subject: [Leica] Re: filters again!
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:53:58 +1000

On 4 Nov 2000, at 15:11, Ted wrote:

> C'mon lets just get back to discussing "ANYTHING LEICA" for heaven sake, lay
> Erwin, pixels, digital and any of the other dumb ass stuff to rest, or take your
> damn computers and go home!  Maybe the rest of us can get on with something
> about actual picture taking and Leica fun.

Hi Ted,

I agree that the volume of posts and diversity of content (on and off topic) has
been huge this last couple of weeks, some on topic and I agree many
threads have been right off the handle however please don't try to dismiss the
relativity of digital imaging to Leica photography. I invested in Leica in part to
maximise the worth of my digital imaging equipment so I find (as I suspect
do many others) these digital/film scanning discussions to be of great
interest and much practical benefit in most cases.

Not all of us get our jollies bathing in the fumes of photochemistry (however I
must say I have in the past :-) and many of us (I imagine) have limited space
for even computing equipment let alone have an area in which to even
contemplate setting up for wet print processing but still we wish to partake in
the production of prints. So digital (particularly film based scanning) is
important and relevant and is becoming a much more integrated and
accepted part of the photographic imaging chain like it or not. I am keen to
shoot and learn about Leica and to learn how to optimise digital output
originating from my films shot with Leica.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110