Subject: [Leica] Antagonist(s)
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 19:46:53 -0800

I want to apologize to those who feel they were unjustly labelled with
my use of the plural antagonist(s).  Of course this is a discussion
group and argument is certainly a natural component of this forum.  I
was simply growing increasingly frustrated by the ad hominem atacks that
really have no place here.  You may challenge the man's premises, but
not his intentions, motivations or attitudes.  To do so on an anonymous
basis such as a mailing list is to use a middle English word,
overweening.

Leica photography is a for me and many others here, a hobby.  I have no
professional ax to grind, no ego to massage.  Some people go to their
local tavern to relax.  I visit the LUG from time to time.  It's easier
on my liver.  And I have learned a great deal from the many people who
have graced the list with their contributions.  Including people who I
would not care to spend time with for one reason or another.  That is
the beauty of the list.

It is fairly obvious now that there is personal friction between Erwin
and Mike.  I know more about this than I want to.  Again I apologize for
my fit of pique.

Damian

http://www.teleport.com/~damian/strings.htm