Subject: [Leica] Re; LUG meeting at Photo East.
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 17:02:46 -0500

Roger,
    Let's see,
Questions...
    Will there be more screwmount lenses? No
    Will there be more Visoflex lenses? No
    (Paraphrased) Where is Leica headed digitally? Somewhere, but we can't
say where yet.
    OK, seriously not trying to be a wise guy, but Roger, Ray, and Ralph are
not tech people, they can't answer many questions.
    As for new products, Roger pointed out they have to be very careful. If
word leaks out, Leica will introduce a be XYZmm f/1.4 lens. Instantly the
dealers want to return the current xyz lenses they have in stock and they
start telling customers, wait for the new lens.
    If you want something new... How about a great looking black Leica
baseball cap with an M6 on it, the quote "My Point of View" and a red dot on
the side.
    Sorry, but as I see it nothing of substance was discussed.
    Does anyone  else who was there have anything to add?
Cheers,
Sal