Subject: [Leica] Pleasant but Dull
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 22:58:44 +0100

Jim Shulman's thoughts:

No, it was more along the lines of

Leica: What are you interested in discussing?
Group: Various topics, including appearance of new lenses, M vs R
development, specialty items, student programs, etc.
Leica: "We don't know, we'll look into it."  "We can't discuss that now" "We
don't know if there's enough interest" "We'd like to do that, but our
resources are stretched."

Now you know why nothing of substance appeared.  There was nothing of
substance TO appear!  The Leica people were very nice, but wasn't exactly a
thrilling hour. In addition, we were shuttled into a room with the ambience
of an FBI questioning chamber, which didn't help convivial chat.  Granted,
the Javits center isn't exactly heaven on earth, but there are move inviting
meeting venues.
<<<<<<<<

Since I'm unlikely ever to have any clout at Leica or even to be present at
one of these chat occasions, could someone please, _please_ ask them one
time why their service is so crap? Why is it impossible to have a camera
serviced in Italy, without it being sent to Germany? I really don't care
about the next lens, I'd just like to get my cameras fixed quickly and
reliably.
I'm sure lots of other people have this same requirement.
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO