Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol with APX25 shot with a M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:30:33 -0800

craig egerer wrote:

> While this off-topic thread is still going .........
> Is any one using this combination APX25 with Xtol  and if so please let
> me know your results as methods used ....... I have shot a few rolls and
> did one in D76 1:1  ......I have looked at the archives but could find
> little info on developing times and looking at the digitaltruth chart it
> has very many combinations...  I would really prefer someone who has
> used Xtol with APX25
>
> Craig

D76 1:1 with APX 25 i would not do. Too much sulfite eating at this thin films
sharpness and that is why you are using this film in the first place. 1:2 maybe
but Rodinal 1:50 to 1:100 is great with APX 25 IMO.
Xtol I'd definitely go 1:3 with the 25. Grain of course is not going to be a
problem and you do want some edge. It can look too smooth diluted less that did
happen to me.
mark rabiner