Subject: [Leica] Re: I go historical/Walt
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:33:51 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

On Fri, 03 Nov 2000 10:12:32 -0800 Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> wrote:
> At 08:30 AM 11/3/00 -0500, ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:
> >Your remarks regarding Erwin were uncalled for and really rude. Arthur
> >

> I agree with you Arthur.
>
> Both Horst and Walt, for some reason, seem to delight in putting down Erwin
> who is, indeed, completely immersed in the world of photography, has more
> energy than most LUG folks, and is willing to discuss, in great detail, his
> research findings, publish articles, and maintain a state of the art
> web/information site.
>
> I don't get it? There is no need to write degrading posts about someone who
> is providing us with information that we cannot easily get elsewhere. As
> far as being 100% correct, Erwin's posts are probably more correct than
> most of the information that is bandied about on the LUG from other sources.
>
> I remember Walt telling everyone that you had to take an M6 apart in order
> to adjust the vertical RF alignment. I did correct him but had I not seen
> his post, many would still be thinking that M6 RF alignment is a major
> operation. Not true, of course. Like all other M cameras, it is through an
> easily accessible hole in the front of the camera. Nothing has to be "taken
> apart." It is actually very simple.
>
> Jim

I stand by my statement that to adjust  the RF you SHOULD take the top off..
I've done two in two weeks that way....

Just because someone came up with a kludged tool AFTER THE FACT that
CAN (?) adjust the RF doesn't mean it was designed that way.....hell,
I know all kind of ways to cheat on cameras, cars, audio, etc.....but
then, how could I >PROVE< what engineers were thinking 20 years ago?

Walt

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: RF alignment)