Subject: [Leica] 24mm
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 23:07:45 -0800

I had a 24mm that I used on three different R bodies and never became
accustomed to it. I always felt that the viewing contrast was too low,
might as well been looking through a Spotmatic. It gave me a great
feeling of uncertainty as to where my focus was since I could never see
it snap into focus. I tried a beattie screen to see if there was any
improvement and frankly the R screen was better in my opinion.
On the other hand, since I make a living with my gear, that degree of
uncertainty made leave the lens at home, and in my eyes the lens became
a dead-beat that wasn't earning it's keep. The best thing I did with it
was a straight across exchange for a 20-35mm  EOS L lens which I have
never regretted. Although, I have to admit, that anytime a piece of
Leica gear leaves the house it's like losing a family member.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 24mm)