Subject: Re: [Leica] some recent pictures?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:40:29 -0800

>[snip]
>...Less common here on the LUG
>where people like to chat about bicycles, pens, etc, anything it seems but
>photography and frankly the LUG is becoming tiresome, no, I should say, next
>to useless.
>
>Steve

steve,

not entirely true, as your own and many other posts demonstrate.

granted - there's a lot of ot noise on the lug, but that's apparently
always been the case (at least it has been since i signed on in early '98).
there is also a lot of talk about photography, though it often is
overwhelmed by the other stuff.

got to say that for me at least the mix of off and on topic stuff is
strangely compelling - i feel like i know the various posters more than i
otherwise might. other lists i'm on or have perused, where only on-topic
stuff is permitted, seem dull and lifeless in comparison.

so, for those shaggy days when pen-toting, single-malt-sipping,
whatever-kind-of-hat-wearing luggers seem unable to post anything leica
related, allow me to paraphrase kyle:

keep pounding that delete key, it'll come unstuck.

guy