Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Buying Leica M on Ebay
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:07:36 -0500

> In all three of these purchases, the feedback was good. I think there may be a
> tendency to overstate and over rate the condition of these M bodies.
>
> On just about any older M,  an immediate CLA will be needed. This is an added
> expense that should be factored in to the cost of the camera. But since I will
> no longer be buying camera bodies on ebay, I will not have to agonize.

Bill,

...and buying a used M from a Leica dealer is not always a gaurante either.
I have bought an M2 and M3 from different Leica dealers mail order and each
one had the infinity setting off on the rangefinder and some other problems.
I was surprised by this as both dealers have good reputations AND advertise
their Leica service department. I would have thought they would have at
least checked the rangefinder before putting them on the for sale shelf.

On the other hand everything that I have bought from LUG members was 'as
advertised' and maybe better.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: R: Buying Leica M on Ebay)