Subject: [Leica] Biohazard
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 8:27:58 EST

I've been aware of this Biohazard labelling idea for a couple of years now
and was keen to try it.  However, people on other photo newsgroups
informed me of a few things that made me discard the idea.

1) - not all airlines happily accept checked baggage so labelled.

2) - not all countries allow free and unrestricted access to items so
labelled.

3) - you may find that hotels may have some reservations about letting you
check in with luggage so labelled.

4) - this trick has become so widely used that to airline thieves, it is a
clear signal that something of value may be inside.

5) - all of this presupposes that the thieves that you are trying to avoid
read English.

Nifty though the idea sounded at first consideration, I discarded it.  I'm
relying on insurance and carrying my stuff in my carry-on luggage, thanks
just the same.

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca